Royal Chundu is proud to be Zambia’s first Relais & Châteaux member
The story of Relais & Châteaux began in 1941 when two former music hall entertainers, Marcel and Nelly Tilloy purchased “La Cardinale”, an estate in the Rhône Valley. In 1952 the Tilloys began recruiting other hoteliers and restaurant owners that shared the same standards of quality, passion and excellence. In 1954, this group of kindred spirits merged together to create Relais & Châteaux. Initially there were only 8 establishments along the road between Paris and the French Riviera. Today more than 520 members form part of Relais & Châteaux.