The Small Print
Please take a moment to look at our brief terms and conditions below, in order to facilitate a more breezy travel booking process.
- We Require a 20% (tour operators) & 50% (direct guests) non-refundable deposit, within 10 days of reservation confirmation.
- Royal Chundu reserves the right to cancel the reservation should we not receive the deposit within 10 days. The balance of payment is required 60 days prior to arrival.
- Short lead-time reservations must be paid in full immediately.
- Cancellation of a confirmed reservation will result in the loss of the deposit.
- Should a cancellation be received between 59-0 days prior to due arrival date, 100% cancellation penalty would be charged.
- Royal Chundu reserves the right to cancel reservations should full payment not be received within 60 days prior to arrival.
- Our rates are quoted and payable in USD (United States Dollar).
- Payments can be processed with American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
- Direct transfers can be made into our bank account.
- All payments should be made in full and free of any bank charges.
- Travel insurance is recommended, covering for personal effects, personal accident, medial and emergency travel expenses, as well as cancellation and curtailment as the reservation will be subject to cancellation penalties as detailed above.
Visa & Passports
- Visa requirements are to be checked before departure.
- Visas for certain passport holders can be purchased upon arrival at Livingstone Airport and paid for in USD, GBP, EUR or ZMW.
- We recommend that a Kaza Uni-Visa is purchased in order to be able to have access to Botswana and Zimbabwe for guest activities.
- Certain countries are NOT permitted to obtain visas at the port of entry and must therefore apply in advance to a Zambian Mission or directly to the Chief of Immigrations Officer at Immigration headquarters in Lusaka, Zambia.
Single Room Policy
- Guests occupying single suites/chalets will be levied an additional supplement of 50% per person from the date of arrival.
- Zambia’s local currency is Kwacha (ZMW).
- The lodge accepts payments in cash (ZMW, USD, ZAR & EUR).
Hotel GDS Code:
- Persons aged 12 years and older are considered adults.
- 0-3 years old: accommodated at no extra cost and may share with adults, depending on the availability of extra single beds and /or cots
- 4-11 years old: are accommodated at 50% (half) of the adult sharing rate and may have their own suite or share with adults, depending on the availability of extra single beds.
- Children cannot be accommodated at Royal Chundu Island Lodge unless in the case of reserving the Island Lodge on an exclusive-use basis and then children are welcome with families
- Child rates are applicable whether children share a suite with adults or not.
- Child-minding services are available at an additional minimal cost.