A Celebration of Mindful Living on the Zambezi
When: March 2017 (TBC)
Cost: $360 per person per night
Where: Royal Chundu on the Zambezi in Zambia
What: This four night retreat is suitable for seekers needing fresh air, tranquility and warm personalised attention in a supportive environment away from the stresses of modern life. The roar of the river is the perfect backdrop to feel your interconnectedness with the universe and to find the stillness within.
Our retreats are unique to Royal Chundu as they harness the influence of the Zambezi River as a guide and an essential life force to replenish the soul and teach us to go with the flow.
Enjoy meaningful activities, celebrating life through yoga, meditation, nature walks, massages and more. It will allow time for soulful contemplation, relaxation and community interaction with the village alongside Royal Chundu.
To book or find out more
We have partnered with Icon Expeditions , New Frontiers and Triumph Travel should you require assistance with booking flights and other travel arrangements. Take a look at the Royal Chundu Soulful River Retreat 2016 (2.4 MB) itinerary for more information.
Below is a brief idea of our plan for the retreat but we are more than happy to go with the flow and pace of the group to ensure a diverse but restorative experience for all.
- Healthy wholesome food to assist the body in feeling light, vibrant and clear on all levels (physical, emotional and spiritual)
- Gentle, guided meditations, stimulating group discussions (aura protection, chakras, etc) and soulful workshop sessions
- Daily yoga on the deck overlooking the river
- Mindful walks in nature
- Campfire dinner to the rhythmic beat of African drums
- River sunset cruises and canoe trips down the Zambezi
- Viluber-royal-chundu/lage interactions with the local community
- Tour of the Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World
- All Airport Transfers to/from Livingstone International Airport
- VAT and Service Tax
- Additional individual treatments offered: medieval astrology charts, specialised kinesiology, reiki, access consciousness, spa treatments, kundalini numerology and massage treatments.
- Alcoholic beverages
This itinerary is designed to give you a flavour of what is possible.
- We can tailor this trip to suit your specific requirements.
- Any aspect of the itinerary can be altered, from excursions to accommodation.
Day 1 - Friday
Welcome! Once you arrive at Livingstone International Airport you will be transferred to the Lodge. The adventure starts with a welcome lunch and casual chat to get to know each other better. Nestle into your new surroundings before a sunset cruise to see in the evening. We’ll dine together under the stars on the deck, overlooking the river.
Day 2 - Saturday
Greet the new dawn with sunrise yoga guided by our Kundalini yoga teacher. Before breakfast at River Lodge, join in on a mindful island walk through the baobabs and 1000 year old Jackalberry trees. Before and after lunch, enjoy one-on-one treatments with our facilitators. In the evening, you are invited to take part in a Cargo Canoe Release, a ritual of releasing a symbolic mokoro into the Zambezi, and a wind down yoga session, before dinner.
Day 3 - Sunday
After sunrise yoga on the river we’ll head off on a morning canoe trip to a secret hideaway under the trees where a breakfast picnic awaits… Before and after lunch, enjoy an individual treatment with one of our spa therapists, our astrologer or our kinesiologist and reiki practitioner. In the evening, we will embark on a Sunset Cruise for yoga on the river, followed by dinner at the lodge.
Day 4 - Monday
Today starts with yoga on the banks of the Zambezi at sunrise, followed by a visit to our neighbouring village, before breakfast on the deck at River Lodge. Before and after lunch, enjoy an individual treatment with facilitators. We’ll watch the sun set on a cruise on the river while connecting with its stillness through a brief yoga session, before a boma dinner with Makishi dancers and Zambian drums.
Day 5 - Tuesday
Before you head off on the last day of the retreat, join us for our last yoga session at sunrise. After a delicious last breakfast at River Lodge, we will say our goodbyes as you depart for Victoria Falls en route to the airport for your flight homeward (or perhaps to your next African destination ...)