Children of all ages are welcome at Royal Chundu and specifically catered for in our unique Children’s Club with an exciting daily programme. Both River Lodge and Island Lodge suites can sleep two adults sharing with two children. * Please note that at Island Lodge children are only allowed when the lodge is hired on an exclusive-use basis.
Upon arrival, your guide will discuss activity options with you, considering family size, age and weather. Each of your young ones will receive a special River Safari Adventure Pack. A welcoming treasure hunt will help familiarise them with our staff and surroundings, allowing you peace of mind throughout your stay. Parents are welcome to join their children in the activities or to relax while our River Guides or Child Minders take over the supervising.
Our Kids Adventure Passport includes:
- Sunset cruise; fishing tag and release from deck, canoe or boat
- Cosmic safari (astronomy)
- Insect and butterfly capture and release; birding and frog safaris
- Leaf and flower pressing
- Village life lessons and Chundu chefs’ cooking lessons
- Guide quiz, certification and prize-giving
Lodge facilities for children: rim flow pool; lounge with television, DVD’s, wildlife shows and Wii games; board games and puzzles and a selection of entertaining and educational children’s books; and life jackets for water activities
- All swimming activities must be supervised by parents at all times. Child minding is done by lodge staff and can be arranged with reservations prior to arrival at an additional cost. The Chundu Children’s Club activities and participation are subject to length of stay and River Guide availability.
- Please ensure that all children bring good walking shoes, a large hat, sunscreen and any medicine needed for allergies.
- All the above activities are free, subject to booking the fully inclusive package. Guests on the exclusive package will be charged an additional amount per child.